Shepton Beauchamp

In the heart of Cider Country

User Tools

Site Tools


home:feb

February 2008

February 2008 Minutes

PRESENT Cllrs Walshe (Chair), Cripps, England, Hallett, Hawkins, Rowswell, Sarker, Wakely, Messrs K Ronaldson (District Councillor), J Sharpe (County Councillor).

APOLOGIES Cllr Humphreys, Mr P Robathan (District Councillor)

MINUTES The minutes of the previous meeting were signed, noting that the number of Post Offices to be closed is 2,500 and that Cllr Cripps was asked to investigate opening the footpath at the Allotments.

DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

Cllr England declared an interest, as applicant, in an application to remove a section of hedgerow on land OS 3864 Silver Street and left the room while this was discussed.

DC REPORT

Mr Ronaldson reported that Michelle Haimes has been chosen as PCSO of the Year for Somerset East and she will attend an awards ceremony next month. The Councillors were pleased to hear that there are no plans to close Shepton Beauchamp Post Office.

Mr Ronaldson said that South Somerset is not included in the trials for plastic and card recycling collections.

A query was raised as to the procedure with fly tipping on private land and Mr Ronaldson said this should be reported to the Police with details of the culprit’s identity if available.

CC REPORT

Mr Sharpe spoke about the budget and said the transfer of all collection services into one contract is going well. The Clerk will write to Gloria Caewood, Portfolio Holder for Education, asking when she would be available to come to a meeting to discuss education in the area. The road through the village is to be resurfaced during the May Bank Holiday and the Highways Department will display notices asking residents to move their cars.

Minutes Page 268

PLANNING

An application for the demolition of existing store and erection of a single storey dwelling with garage to the rear of Highfield, Lambrook Road, was considered and the Councillors would not have objected but realise that, because it is outside the Development Line, it would not be possible.

To remind Councillors of the exact boundaries of the Development Line, the Clerk will provide copies.

No objections were raised to applications to:

  • Remove a section of hedgerow on land OS3864 Silver Street.
  • Erect extension and convert garage into study/office at Cornash, Lambrook Road.
  • An application was received for formation of new vehicular access and erection of house on land south of Pendower, Shells Lane, to which the Parish Council did not object but there were concerns about disposal of rainwater and the Councillors also felt the dwelling may be more appropriately sited further away from the conservation area.

Fordham Research has been commissioned by the local authority to conduct a Strategic Housing Market Assessment. The Councillors feel that more housing is needed in the village to keep a balanced community and the Clerk will ask Fordham to keep the Parish Council updated.

PARISH PLAN

It was confirmed that the horses at Cowleaze Meadow are there with the permission of Wessex Water and will be moved when work commences.

HIGHWAYS

Cllr Cripps agreed to contact Miss Pearse, with a view to looking at a possible replacement trough.

Further to the request for salt to be provided for use in icy conditions, Kim Sharp has arranged for bags to be delivered to the crossroads with Barrington Main and the hill into the village from West Lambrook.

Notification was received of the closure of Great Lane for one day for a new water connection to be carried out.

Minutes Page 269

FOOTPATHS

The Dog Warden had suggested a Community Dog Walk to help raise awareness of the dog fouling problem. This will take place on 8 March and Cllr Cripps has drawn up a suitable route. Cllr England asked if a dog bin could be provided in Littlefields Lane, and thought will be given to the best siting.

Cllr Cripps is arranging for the path at the Allotments to be cleared on 8 and 9 March and Cllr Wakely will provide a trailer to take away the trimmings.

ACCOUNTS

The Audit Commission proposes to appoint Moore Stephens as external auditor to the Parish Council.

The meeting closed at 9.10 pm.

The next meeting will take place on Monday 31 March at the Village Hall at 7.30 pm.

home/feb.txt · Last modified: d/m/Y H:M (external edit)